The KHC archives include a substantial collection of Kemsing related artefacts and memorabilia which have been donated over a period of many years and are available to view.
Some of the recent additions to our collection of Kemsing related artefacts: –
- Two porcelain medallions to commemorate the millennium, made by Allen Bryant.
- South Eastern & Chatham Railway engine drivers or fireman’s cap with company badge. This item is at least 100 years old and was purchased by the Heritage Centre trustees in June, 2021.
- Vets (veterans) Captain car parking sign from Woodlands Manor Golf Club which closed in 2019.
- The WW2 medal set and army insignia of Mr Percy Ashdown (1920-1988), who was born at Bookers Cottage, Noah’s Ark, Kemsing. Donated by Gary Hunt.
- Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry cap badge from the WW1 period. Originally the property of the Kerrison family from Kemsing and donated by Richard Springall.
- Kemsing sign from an older style “flapper board”, formerly in use at a London railway station in the middle of the twentieth century. The older style flapper boards (so named because of the flapping sound they made as they were operated) were replaced by the electronic systems seen today. Donated by Ed Thompson.
- Searchlight believed to be from a Horsa Glider. Donated by Malcolm Oliver whose father worked on Gliders whilst serving with the RAF in WW2.
- A Heaverham Farm accounts book from the immediate post WW2 period which includes details of a revised pay scale for members of the Women’s Land Army.
- Kemsing United FC Sportsmanship Cup from season 1927/8.
- Place mat and matchbox from the now closed Rising Sun Public House in Cotman’s Ash, Kemsing.